Music is a powerful tool. It can change our mood and lift our spirits. We asked AFSP staff members for recommendations for feel good songs they listen to when they need a mood boost.
Here are ten of their suggestions:
1. “A Little Bit Stronger” -Sara Evans
“Even on my weakest days I get a little bit stronger”
2. “Vienna” -Billy Joel
“Slow down, you’re doing fine”
3. “Beautiful” -Christina Aguilera
“You’re beautiful. No matter what they say”
4. “In a Sentimental Mood” -Duke Ellington & John Coltrane
“I can see the stars come through my room”
5. “Talking to Myself” -Watsky
“You need a plot — what you wanna witness with this life you got?”
6. “Oh Well” -Hunt for Hunter
“Maybe how I got here doesn’t matter, maybe who I am’s just who I am “
7. “Beautiful World” -Colin Hay
“My my my, It’s a beautiful world. I like swimming in the sea”
8. “I Feel Good” -James Brown
“Wo! I feel good, I knew that I would now”
9. “Break Free” -Ariana Grande
“This is the part when I break free, Cause I can’t resist it no more”
10. “I’m Gonna Be (500 miles)” -The Proclaimers
“And when I’m dreamin’, well I know I’m gonna dream”
Like what you're reading? Go to our Sharing Your Story page, where you'll find resources for sharing your own story, including story ideas, blog submission guidelines, tips for sharing your story safely and creative exercises to help you get started, and assignments for upcoming topics.
Write a blog post for AFSP! Click here for our Submission Guidelines.