Out of the Darkness Walk Coach
New York, NY
Senior Manager, Out of the Darkness Overnight
The Out of the Darkness Walk Coach is the front-line customer relations representative for the Out of the Darkness Walk series, and is responsible for meeting and exceeding recruitment, retention, and fundraising goals under the guidance of the Out of the Darkness Walks Sr. Manager and Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Out of the Darkness walk participants and AFSP Field Staff to increase fundraising and retention outcomes by providing excellent customer service, and technical, fundraising, training, and event support
- Conduct sales communications with the goal of converting leads (RFIs) to walk the Overnight using designated sales procedures and protocols
- Host fundraising workshops and informational meetings (via phone, webinar, and in-person)
- Assist in logistics to help walk events run smoothly from start to finish
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree. Experience working in nonprofit fundraising or sales preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Computer skills required: Internet Research, Microsoft Office programs. Previous CRM experience is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Jason Krumenaker at [email protected].
This is a contract position with a possibility of a conversion to full-time.▲ Back to Top
South Carolina Associate Area Director (Part Time)
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) seeks qualified candidate for the position of Associate Area Director for South Carolina.
This part time position (20 hours per week) is responsible for organizing and implementing the fundraising events, securing sponsorships, and grant writing throughout South Carolina.
Specific responsibilities include recruiting, organizing, and supervising volunteers for local events, attending to logistical details, securing sponsorships, supervising the actual events, and volunteer recruitment. Position will work out of a home office and must be willing to travel throughout the chapter service area.
Experience running events in a national nonprofit organization, preferably a health-related organization with chapters. Demonstrated skills in volunteer organization and development, budgeting and planning, and special events fund raising. Bachelor’s degree with strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
How to Apply
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to the South Carolina Associate Area Director, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, [email protected].▲ Back to Top