South Carolina Associate Area Director (Part Time)
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) seeks qualified candidate for the position of Associate Area Director for South Carolina.
This part time position (25 hours per week) is responsible for organizing and implementing the fundraising events, securing sponsorships, and volunteer recruitment, and development throughout South Carolina. Candidates must reside in the Columbia, SC area.
Specific responsibilities include recruiting, organizing, and supervising volunteers for local events, attending to logistical details, securing sponsorships, supervising the actual events, and volunteer recruitment. Position will work out of a home office and must be willing to travel throughout the chapter service area.
Experience running events in a national nonprofit organization, preferably a health-related organization with chapters. Demonstrated skills in volunteer organization and development, budgeting and planning, and special events fund raising. Bachelor’s degree with strong social media, interpersonal and communications skills required.
How to Apply
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected].▲ Back to Top
Our fall internship program will provide an enriching and rewarding experience for students who are interested in communications and marketing. The program is designed to expose students to the not-for-profit sector and to provide them with a rich learning and development experience.
Assignments may vary, but generally include administrative, research, social media, public relations, writing and marketing support. Students will also attend weekly team meetings and brainstorms and have the opportunity to learn about the communications field, build networking skills and discuss career planning.
The program offers a PAID internship to students, which runs from September to December, and can be tied to a college-level internship program.
- Part-time or full-time college student (undergraduate or graduate student)
- Residents of the New York Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey or Connecticut)
- Available to work a 20- to 30-hour work week (Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- Excellent writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated leadership and an interest in communications and marketing via coursework or extracurricular activity
- Interest or passion for working in the non-profit field
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Fall Intern in the subject line. Applications without a personalized cover letter will not be considered.▲ Back to Top