Thank You, Leidos & iHeart Media / DC101 for Your Outstanding Support!
2020 marked the fourth year that DC101’s One More Light Team has supported the Washington, D.C. Out of the Darkness Walk. Since 2017, the team, led by DC101’s Music Director and on-air talent Gregory Roche, has recruited more than 500 team members and raised over $200,000 in support of AFSP’s mission to save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide. As the largest and highest-fundraising team in NCAC history, One More Light returned last year with a new goal and a new partner – Leidos, a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader solving the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil and health markets. Together, the duo combined their teams to create “DC101 + Leidos, One More Light and tirelessly worked to promote lifestyles that foster mental well-being within their families and our communities.
In addition, Leidos signed on as the first-ever NCAC Out of the Darkness Presenting Sponsor and iHeartMedia went above and beyond to raise awareness for mental health and suicide prevention throughout the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore metro areas. Just a few of their countless endeavors to shine a light included:
- #WeAreHere PSA Campaign NCAC partnered with iHeartMedia to provide mental health resources for the community. AFSP and our resources were featured on a variety of on-air and online platforms across the D.C. and Baltimore area (ex. DC101.com/WeAreHere)
- DC101's Nightly 30-Min, Commercial-Free Segment Weekdays from 9/14/20 – 10/23/20 DC101 went commercial-free for 30 min to promote the importance of mental and physical health. DC101's Roche and Klinger encouraged listeners to get outside and walk with DC101 as their personal, commercial-free soundtrack and join them on the DC101 + Leidos' One More Light team in support of AFSP's Washington, D.C. OOTD Experience.
- DC101's The Klinger Show: Medicated Monday NCAC Board Chair Ali Walker Naso was invited back for a second time to be a special guest on this segment focused on raising awareness for mental health and breaking down stigma.
- #DC101AtHome with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- #DC101AtHome - Mike Shinoda (18:30 min mark)
- #DC101AtHome - Brent Smith (55 min mark)
- Celebrity Endorsements (1:16:11 min mark)
- Brent Smith and Zach Myers of Smith & Myers and Shinedown
- Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave
- Chelsea Lee, Spencer Ernst, and Max Ernst of SHAED
- Jack Met of AJR
- Jack Barakat of All Time Low