2019 Arizona State Capitol Day
Feb. 19, 2019
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
1700 West Washington Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85009
For questions about this event, contact Priscilla Brown at [email protected].
Join us for Advocacy Day at the Arizona State Capitol!
Registration is FREE and we ask that everyone register who plans on attending. (This allows us to more accurately schedule meetings, plan for food and resources, and notify you directly if anything changes.)
We work together every day to create a world in which people no longer die by suicide. While we understand fully that suicide is very personal and complicated, we know that effective advocacy for thoughtful public policies can ultimately reduce the number of people in our communities who attempt and die by suicide.
We therefore invite our passionate volunteers and others to join us for a day in the STATE CAPITOL to:
- Share with state legislators why suicide prevention is important to YOU and your community.
- Educate state legislators about the work being done in your community to prevent suicide.
- Teach state legislators what more must be done to prevent suicide.
- Begin to build long-lasting relationships with those whose decisions impact our communities.
- If applicable, inform state legislators about pending legislation that aligns with AFSP’s priorities.
The morning will start with a training session to help equip attendees with everything they need to be successful on their visits.
AFSP Volunteers will help you plan your visits and will be there with you every step of the way!
We hope you will join us!
Arizona Capitol Museum (Historic Senate Chamber)
1700 W Washington St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
9AM – 3PM (end time may differ depending on individual meeting schedules, but should go no later than 4PM)
To learn more about AFSP’s Field Advocate Program, please visit