safeTALK Suicide Alertness Training
Dec. 1, 2018
10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
1550 Wilson Boulevard
Rosslyn, Virginia 22209
For questions about this event, contact Leah Farchmin at [email protected].
Please note: This Saturday’s safeTALK training is full. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please contact Leah Farchmin at [email protected]. You can also register for our next safeTALK training on February 9, 2019.
LivingWorks explains how safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources.
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
* Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
* Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
* Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
* Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
* Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help.
DATE: Saturday, December 1, 2018
LOCATION: Argosy University – 1550 Wilson Blvd. – Room 709 A, Arlington, VA 22209
TIME: 10:00am – 1:30pm