South Dakota State Capital Day
Feb. 14, 2018
700 W Sioux Ave
Pierre, South Dakota 57501
For questions about this event, contact Anna Eidem at [email protected].
DATE & TIME: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9AM-1:30PM
LOCATION: State Capitol 500 E Capitol Avenue, Pierre, SD Presidents & Speakers Lobbies
ORIENTATION/VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN: Governor’s Inn Hotel (700 W Sioux Ave, Pierre, SD 57501)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 PM
AFSP State Capitol Days bring together passionate volunteers to advocate for state policy changes that will improve mental health and prevent suicide. We will meet with our state legislators during the event to:
- Share with them why suicide prevention is important to YOU and to your community
- Educate them about the work being done in your community to prevent suicide
- Teach them what more must be done to prevent suicide.
The event will include a lunch meet-and-greet with legislators where you will introduce the chapter and discuss current policy issues. We will then go on several in-person visits with state legislators that will be scheduled ahead of time.
Important Details To Note:
- There has been a block of rooms reserved at the Governor’s Inn for those traveling. Please call 605-224-4200 to book your room before January 14th. The price is $75 a night, please tell them you are with AFSP to receive this rate.
- We will be meeting at the Governor’s Inn for an orientation meeting at 9 am before heading to the capital.
- You will be notified regarding an informational webinar to go over event details. (More information to come)
- Lunch will be provided.