Laura Maloney (Murphy) 202-228-1056
John Cummins (Cassidy) 202-224-5824
Advocates to present more than 200,000 petition signatures demanding a vote on Mental Health Reform
Call for action follows Senate Summit on Mental Health Reform
WASHINGTON — U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy (R-La.), co-authors of the Mental Health Reform Act, will stand alongside representatives from National Alliance on Mental Illness, Sandy Hook Promise, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and the Eating Disorders Coalition to conclude the Senate Summit on Mental Health and call for passage of the Mental Health Reform Act. The groups will deliver more than 200,000 petition signatures to Congress in support of urgent congressional action to fix America’s broken mental health system.
- Sen. Chris Murphy
- Sen. Bill Cassidy
- John Madigan, Vice President of Public Policy, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Katrina Velasquez, Esq., Policy Director, Eating Disorders Coalition
- Lauren Alfred, Policy and Partnership Director, Sandy Hook Promise
- Mary Giliberti, J.D., Chief Executive Officer, National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Call to Action press conference following Senate Mental Health Summit
- Thursday, May 26th at 1:15pm
- 902 Hart Senate Office Building in Washington, DC
Like what you're reading? Go to our Sharing Your Story page, where you'll find resources for sharing your own story, including story ideas, blog submission guidelines, tips for sharing your story safely and creative exercises to help you get started, and assignments for upcoming topics.
Write a blog post for AFSP! Click here for our Submission Guidelines.