AFSP is excited to be taking part in the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention’s Community-Based Approaches to Suicide Prevention: New Resources and Future Directions webinar on Wednesday, April 12at 3pm ET/2pm CT/1pm MT/12pm PT.
This webinar will provide an overview of two new community-based suicide prevention resources:
- Transforming Communities: Key Elements for Comprehensive Community-based Suicide Prevention a paper produced by the Action Alliance that presents seven key elements for comprehensive community-based suicide prevention, identified via a review of relevant programs, guidance, and models. This paper will be released prior to the event and an announcement will be sent to all webinar registrants with a link to this new resource.
- Preventing Suicide: A Technical Package of Policy, Programs, and Practices a CDC technical package that is intended to guide decision-making in states and communities by helping them take advantage of the best available evidence regarding suicide prevention.
- Bob Gebbia, CEO, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- James A. Mercy, Director, Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jerry Reed, Director, Suicide Prevention Resource Center, Education Development Center, Inc.
To learn more about this event including to how to register please click HERE.
Like what you're reading? Go to our Sharing Your Story page, where you'll find resources for sharing your own story, including story ideas, blog submission guidelines, tips for sharing your story safely and creative exercises to help you get started, and assignments for upcoming topics.
Write a blog post for AFSP! Click here for our Submission Guidelines.