AFSP is excited to be taking part in the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention’s Community-Based Approaches to Suicide Prevention: New Resources and Future Directions webinar on Wednesday, April 12at 3pm ET/2pm CT/1pm MT/12pm PT.
This webinar will provide an overview of two new community-based suicide prevention resources:
- Transforming Communities: Key Elements for Comprehensive Community-based Suicide Prevention a paper produced by the Action Alliance that presents seven key elements for comprehensive community-based suicide prevention, identified via a review of relevant programs, guidance, and models. This paper will be released prior to the event and an announcement will be sent to all webinar registrants with a link to this new resource.
- Preventing Suicide: A Technical Package of Policy, Programs, and Practices a CDC technical package that is intended to guide decision-making in states and communities by helping them take advantage of the best available evidence regarding suicide prevention.
- Bob Gebbia, CEO, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- James A. Mercy, Director, Division of Violence Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jerry Reed, Director, Suicide Prevention Resource Center, Education Development Center, Inc.
To learn more about this event including to how to register please click HERE.
Write a blog post for AFSP! Click here for our Submission Guidelines.