Volunteer With Us!
2 min read
View Our Volunteer Calendar to See Day-Of Volunteer Opportunities and Sign-Up to Help #StopSuicide.
Click on any of the calendar events to view more details. If you are available to help, please follow the link to provide more information about your volunteer abilities.
New to volunteering with us?
Complete our New Volunteer Application to provide more details of interest. Once you submit the application, our Special Events Manager will email you to schedule a Zoom where you will learn more about the chapter and we will work to find the right place to get you started!
Looking to volunteer regularly?
Join one of our chapter committees! Read about our chapter committees and what they do here.
What do AFSP New Hampshire volunteers do?
There are many different ways volunteers can support AFSP's mission to save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide. Volunteers can do everything from helping with pre-event or day-of event support and community events, to serving on chapter committees or even leading them!
Tips for Getting Started
With so many options for getting involved, it can be a little bit overwhelming to decide what you want to do first. Let's go through a few steps we suggest to help you learn more about AFSP, suicide prevention, and finding your best fit!
- Complete our New Volunteer Application - Be sure to check your email afterward for a message from our Volunteer Chair ([email protected]) who will reach out to you directly
- Sign up as a Field Advocate
- Follow us on social media and share our posts:
- Sign up for a Volunteer Orientation - Register at afsp.org/newhampshire (held quarterly)
- Attend a presentation of "Talk Saves Lives: An Introduction to Suicide Prevention" - You can see all upcoming education programs on the "Events" section of our website at afsp.org/newhampshire
- Read about how to share your story safely
- Take a look at the latest published statistics on suicide
- Sign up to Volunteer Day-of at an Event
- Register for an Out of the Darkness Walk: