AFSP North Carolina
More Than Sad
Learn more about this program ››
Suicide affects each state differently.
It doesn't take much to make a big difference, and there are opportunities for all levels of commitment.
Contact us to learn how you can get involved in your community. Volunteer with AFSP North Carolina
About the AFSP North Carolina chapter
Here in North Carolina, and nationwide, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is a grassroots non-profit, run 99.9% by VOLUNTEERS like you. Our work focuses on eliminating the loss of life from suicide by: delivering innovative prevention programs, educating the public about risk factors and warning signs, raising funds for suicide research and programs, and reaching out to those individuals who have lost someone to suicide.
PLEASE CLICK HERE to see our 2019 Impact Report, showing how we put your hard-earned dollars to work in the fight against suicide.
As a part of AFSP’s growing nationwide network of chapters, we bring together people from all backgrounds who want to prevent suicide in our communities. Families and friends who have lost someone to suicide, vulnerable individuals, mental health professionals, clergy, educators, students, community/business leaders, and many others energize our chapter.
- Volunteer with us – please connect with us by completing a Volunteer Form
- Bring our programs to your community – You must be willing to assist your local staff person to manage this program/event locally. – please complete a Program Request Form
- Send a Donation or a Memorial Gift to our Chapter – If you are mailing a check for a donation or a memorial gift and would like the donation credited to the North Carolina Chapter, please send a note expressing your wish (“Please credit this donation to the NC Chapter”). If a memorial gift please also include the name of the deceased and the Family Name/Family Address for an acknowledgment note.
- Make checks payable to American Foundation for Suicide Prevention;
- include a note with your email & phone # for questions;
- then MAIL TO: AFSP-North Carolina Chapter / 8311 Brier Creek Pkwy. Suite 105-430 / Raleigh, NC 27617
THANK YOU for being a champion to help #StopSuicide.